Currently, Wi-Fi has become an essential necessity for many activities in our daily life. Whether it’s working, studying, communicating with friends and family, watching multimedia content online, or even staying up to date with what’s happening in the world, A good Wi-Fi connection is paramount.
Internet connection has become the main means of communication for many people and having a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection on our Mac is essential to be able to carry out all these activities without interruptions. Then let’s check Best Tricks to Improve WiFi Speed and Coverage our MacBook or iMac.
Six resources that work
- Check the location of the router: Router location is key to good Wi-Fi coverage. If the router is in a central, elevated location, the signal spreads more evenly in all directions. Placing the router in a corner of a room or under furniture will restrict signal propagation and reduce range. So let’s try to place the router according to these guidelines. Sometimes a few meters make the difference.
- Avoid interference: Electronic devices like microwave ovens, TVs, and wireless speakers can interfere with the Wi-Fi signal, but there’s more. In general, metallic components such as radiators, refrigerators or other devices can also slow down the propagation of the WLAN signal. If we place the router behind these devices, the Wi-Fi signal will be affected, which we must avoid.
- Change broadcast channel: Wi-Fi routers operate on different channels, and channels can get congested when many nearby routers are using the same one, which Wi-Fi 6E largely fixes. If we notice low speed and see many networks from our Mac’s Wi-Fi menu, it’s a good idea that we try other channels or select Automatic in the router configuration.
Sometimes a simple adjustment makes all the difference
- Use a repeater: Signal repeaters are devices used to extend the Wi-Fi signal in areas where router coverage is weak. The repeater receives the signal from the router and retransmits it, extending the range of the signal. By placing a repeater in a strategic location, we can easily improve Wi-Fi coverage.
- Configure the QoS: If we have multiple devices connected to our Wi-Fi network, the bandwidth will be shared. This means that streaming from the TV can reduce the quality of the video call that we make from our Mac.In the router options, it can be a very good idea to configure the Quality of Service (QoS) so that the Mac has priority in allocating bandwidth.
- Reset the Mac’s network interface: Given the number of variables to consider to improve the quality and speed of our Internet connection, we can also opt for a very simple solution: delete the entire network interface and restore it to its original configuration. A resource that we run from the System Preferences on Mac that will guarantee the optimal configuration so that we can enjoy maximum reliability and speed.
As we said at the beginning, a good Wi-Fi connection is essential in our daily life. From working and studying from home to keeping in touch with friends and family, a fast and stable internet connection is required for the best user experience. With so many variables that can affect the quality and speed of our connection, it is important to know the different solutions available to improve the connection. Solutions that enable us guarantee a fast and stable connection for our daily needs.
In Applesphere | Here’s how to connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network without a password and quickly
Source : www.applesfera.com