Game catalog subscriptions have gradually caught on, some with more success (like Xbox Game Pass) and others with much less (Google Stadia). Apple also has its own subscription, but with a slightly different approach than its competitors.
apple arcade It doesn’t try to be able to play its games through the browser: it tries that we use our iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV, whatever game we want to install natively. Let’s see what doubts there are in the service to solve them one by one.
What is Apple Arcade?
AppleArcade is a game catalog subscription service available in the App Store. Their goal is to make these games available with no ads and no monetization strategy that is pervasive for the rest of the games on the App Store. The result is a number of more titles healthywith its developers only working in such a way that you as a player have a good experience and don’t have to worry about how to monetize it.
The service can be used on iOS, iPadOS, macOS or tvOS. Games are installed through a special section of the App Store and run natively, the gaming experience is not via a browser. The advantage here is that we can play all these games without an internet connection, although the results will be synchronized on all our devices.
What games does Apple Arcade include?
At that time there is more than 200 games in catalog available by AppleArcade. You can browse it in the Arcade section of the App Store, present in all versions of the store for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS. You just have to look for the service icon on the main navigation bar as you can see in the image above.
If you want to see a complete list of all the games available on Apple Arcade, you can do so by pasting the following link in your browser (it opens a special section of the App Store): itms-apps://arcadeSeeAllGames? itscg=10000&itsct=arc-0-link-all_games-apl-avl-200130
How much does Apple Arcade cost?
Apple is priced at 4.99 euros per month as a single service. You can also choose an annual plan at $49.99 per year, which will cost you $4.17 per month, making it a savings. You can optionally use Apple Arcade as part of the Apple One plan, which also includes Apple Music, 50GB in iCloud+, and Apple TV+.
From time to time there are promotions that allow you to use Apple Arcade for free for a while: right now you have this promotion that allows you to have up to 4 months for free depending on whether you are a new subscriber or not.
What devices are compatible with Apple Arcade?
Apple Arcade is compatible with:
- All iPhones work iOS13.1 or a newer version of the system
- All iPads work iPadOS 13.1 or a newer version of the system
- All working Macs macOS Catalina 10.15 or a newer version of the system
- All Apple TVs work tvOS 13 or a newer version of the system
However, it is recommended to always update to the latest system version and not rely on these limitations. The current version of iOS is iOS 16.
Some of the exclusive Apple Arcade games
Apple Arcade has some games that can only be played on its service and not on any other platform, not even conventionally on the App Store. Let’s see some of them.
- Jetpack Joyride 2: the continuation of this mythical and original Protect It is only present in Apple Arcade.
- Oceanhorn: Chronos Dungeon: The dungeon crawler from the Oceanhorn saga can delight all nostalgics of old Zelda.
- Alto’s Adventures: The Spirit of the Mountain: If you like the relaxing gameplay of the Alto Games saga, this title can only be played on Apple Arcade and has a more defined story.
- Crumble Castle: an exclusive castle destroyer that can be a good anti-stress in idle moments on the way home from work.
- Star Trek Legends– A role-playing game in which you must train the crew of a Galactic Federation ship and venture into unknown territory with them. For fans of one of the best science fiction sagas in history.
Remember that these games are available in the Apple Arcade catalog and can be found easily if you search by name.
Source : www.applesfera.com